Yes, China banned time travel movies. Why would they do that? Perhaps the Terminator is not only fiction and they fear the proliferation of time travel? They’re afraid Marty McFly will mess up their future?
All in all, I think they’re afraid that glorifying an ancient land called Tang, Ming, Han, etc. would somehow destroy the – good? – image The People’s Republic of China has. What will they ban next? Historical movies?
- China bans time travel (antwrites.com)
- China Decides to Ban Time Travel (techland.time.com)
- China Bans Time Travel in Television and Movies? (popspoken.wordpress.com)
- China Bans Movies About Time Travel (moviefone.com)
- China Bans Time Travel in TV Shows, Movies (followmehere.com)
- “China Bans Time Travel. Seriously.” and related posts (gearfuse.com)
- Time Travel Outlawed In China (geektyrant.com)
- Great Scott! China bans time travel at the cinema and on TV (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- Time-Travel Movies Banned in China (weirdasianews.com)
- China bans time travel, America still working on it (gadling.com)
- China Bans Time Travel Stories on April 1st, But Isn’t Joking (tor.com)
- Chinese Government Bans All Televised Time Travel!! (aintitcool.com)
- 5 Types Of Movies You Can’t See In China [VIDEOS] (coedmagazine.com)